Low carb shrimp scampi with spaghetti squash noodles. Garlicky sautéed shrimp gets tossed with fresh lemon and served over a bed of spaghetti squash noodles for a light and healthy dish!...
Low carb shrimp scampi with spaghetti squash noodles. Garlicky sautéed shrimp gets tossed with fresh lemon and served over a bed of spaghetti squash noodles for a light and healthy dish!
Looking for a low-carb noodle recipe for warm weather? Look no further – this light and tasty shrimp scampi is big on flavor and low on carbs, so you can enjoy it guilt-free!
Lemony shrimp gets sautéed with garlic and red pepper flakes, then set over a bed of spaghetti squash noodles for a gluten-free, low glycemic dish that won’t cause your blood sugar to spike.
Begin by roasting the spaghetti squash for one hour, until you can slice it easily in half lengthwise. Then, scoop out the seeds and use a fork to shred the spaghetti squash flesh into thin strands. Set the noodles in a large mixing bowl mixed with a bit of olive oil, and set aside.
Next, heat olive oil in a large skillet and add the minced garlic. Sauté until fragrant, about two minutes. Add the shrimp in a single layer, cooking them until pink, then flip them over and cook until pink on the other side. Once cooked through, cover the shrimp with lemon juice, lemon zest, red pepper flakes, and parsley, and toss until well coated.
To serve, divide the spaghetti squash noodles between two plates, top with shrimp, and enjoy!
Garlicky sautéed shrimp gets tossed with fresh lemon and served over a bed of spaghetti squash noodles for a light and healthy dish.
- Baking sheet
- Large mixing bowl
- Large skillet
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 3 T olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz tail-on shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 t red pepper flakes
- 1 t salt
- 1 T fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Set the spaghetti squash on a baking sheet and roast for 1 hour. Cool slightly, then slice in half lengthwise. Scrape out the seeds and use a fork to shred the flesh into fine strands.
- Place the spaghetti squash noodles in a large mixing bowl and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about two minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet in a single layer and let it cook until the underside turns pink. Flip the shrimp and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the lemon juice over the shrimp and sprinkle with the lemon zest, red pepper flakes, salt, and chopped parsley. Toss well until the shrimp is evenly coated.
- Divide the spaghetti squash noodles between two bowls, top with shrimp, and enjoy!
READ MORE:DREAMY BLUEBERRY BLISS BARS.
LOW CARB KETO QUICHE WITH PORK CRUST.
ALMOND JOY EGG BROWNIE BITES.
SILKY DARK CHOCOLATE AVOCADO TRUFFLES.
NO BAKE MINT CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE.
RAW DARK CHOCOLATE ALMOND CUPS (NO BAKE!).
5 THINGS YOU CAN DO NOW TO GET IN SHAPE.
SPICY JALAPEÑO BACON DEVILED EGGS RECIPE.
10 NIGHTTIME YOGA POSES YOU CAN DO IN BED.
EASY SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CREAMY BROCCOLI MASH.
KETO LOW CARB JERKY TACOS.
ALMOND FLOUR POPPYSEED BLOOD ORANGE CAKE.