Low carb keto quiche with pork crust. Indulge in a low-carb keto quiche with a crust made entirely out of minced meat!...
Low carb keto quiche with pork crust. Indulge in a low-carb keto quiche with a crust made entirely out of minced meat!
Need a grain-free recipe for breakfast? Minced pork and coconut flour combine to make a crust bursting with savory flavor. Perfectly customizable, you can easily substitute with different proteins like minced beef, chicken, or turkey. Create an extra fluffy filing by adding a bit of coconut milk to the eggs, then pile on the sautéed mushrooms and onions.
To get started, grease a round pan with coconut oil and fill it with an even layer of minced pork and coconut flour. Bake in the oven for eight minutes or until the meat begins to brown on the edges.
In the meantime, sauté sliced mushrooms and diced onions until they become translucent. In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, coconut milk, and salt before stirring in sautéed veggies.
Once the meat crust is ready, use a paper towel to gently absorb the grease and top with sprinkled coconut flour. Pour the filling over the meat crust and bake until firm. Tip: Make sure to cover with aluminum foil halfway through to prevent the surface from becoming too brown.
Let the quiche cool for a couple of minutes before slicing and serving.
Indulge in a low-carb keto quiche with a crust made entirely out of minced meat.
- 9-inch round baking pan
- Large skillet
- 2 Large mixing bowls
- Aluminum Foil
For the Crust:
- 1 ¼ lb minced pork
- 3 T coconut flour, separated
For the Filling:
- 2 T coconut oil
- ¼ cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups brown mushrooms, sliced
- 5 large eggs
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 t salt
- ¼ cup spring onions, chopped
- Coconut oil, to grease the pan
- For the Crust: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch round baking pan with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix minced pork and two tablespoons of coconut flour together using your hands. (Reserve one tablespoon of coconut flour and set aside).
- Gently press an even layer of the meat mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake the crust for eight minutes or until the meat begins browning on the edges. When done, use paper towels to absorb the grease, then sprinkle the remaining coconut flour on top of the crust.
- For the Filling: While the crust is baking, heat the coconut oil and sauté the sliced mushrooms with the diced onions in a large skillet for about five minutes or until translucent. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the eggs, coconut milk, and salt together. Add the sautéed veggies and mix.
- Pour the filling over the crust, and top with fresh chopped spring onions.
- Bake for at least 40 minutes until the mixture is firm to the touch. Cover the top with aluminum foil halfway through to prevent the surface from burning.
- Once the quiche is cooked, let it cool slightly before slicing and serving.
READ MORE:BEAN FREE CREAMY AVOCADO ‘HUMMUS’.
THE 10 BEST AND WORST WELLNESS TRENDS OF 2019.
PINEAPPLE FRUIT SALSA WITH STRAWBERRIES, BLUEBERRIES & KIWIS.
LOW CARB KETO QUICHE WITH PORK CRUST.
SILKY DARK CHOCOLATE AVOCADO TRUFFLES.
NO BAKE MINT CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE.
RAW DARK CHOCOLATE ALMOND CUPS (NO BAKE!).
5 THINGS YOU CAN DO NOW TO GET IN SHAPE.
SPICY JALAPEÑO BACON DEVILED EGGS RECIPE.
10 NIGHTTIME YOGA POSES YOU CAN DO IN BED.
EASY SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CREAMY BROCCOLI MASH.
KETO LOW CARB JERKY TACOS.
ALMOND FLOUR POPPYSEED BLOOD ORANGE CAKE.
THE SIMPLE GUIDE TO TAKING CBD OIL FOR SOOTHING ANXIETY.
6 POST CARDIO STRETCHES TO RELEASE AND REBALANCE TIGHT MUSCLES.
7 WRIST EXERCISES TO PREVENT CARPAL TUNNEL.
EASY CRISPY GARLIC KALE AND BACON STIR FRY.
CRISPY BACON AND BAKED EGGS IN A PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM.