Low carb crispy garlic turnip fries. Feed your French fry craving with these crunchy turnips roasted to golden-brown perfection!...
Low carb crispy garlic turnip fries. Feed your French fry craving with these crunchy turnips roasted to golden-brown perfection!
This no-fry alternative cuts down the carbs and nixes the preservatives you’d find at fast-food joints and spices things up with flaky sea salt and garlic! Pair them with a dipping sauce and serve alongside your favorite burger or sandwich.
Fiber-rich turnips are super crunchy, low in carbs, and are extremely versatile to cook with. Similar to white potatoes, you can use them in a variety of different recipes like roasts, salads, or casseroles. When prepping, trim and save the leafy greens on top so you can sauté them with bacon or add to soups later.
The ABCs for Roasting the Crispiest Turnip Fries.
The first step is setting your oven to a temperature of 425°F. This high-heat temperature is ideal for browning and takes half the time it would if you were to bake them at anything lower.
When shopping for turnips, choose the largest ones available for easier slicing. The trick is to cut them into half-inch rounds first, then slice each round into quarter-inch strips. This will create a more uniform “fry” look that’ll evenly roast in the oven.
Once the fries are sliced, toss them with a bit of avocado oil, garlic powder, chives, and black pepper for seasoning. To prevent them from sticking to each other, spread the fries evenly onto a prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Make sure to flip them only once halfway through, since this will allow each side to equally fuse with the herbs.
Helpful Tips To Maximize Flavor:
- Toss your turnips with added herbs. If you’re looking to experiment with extra seasonings, try adding a bit of dill, green onion, or onion powder to the mix.
- Coat with avocado oil or melted ghee. Both can withstand high baking temperatures without burning and have a higher smoking point compared to other oils.
- Serve your fries immediately after roasting. These fries can lose their crispness quickly, so it’s best to serve them hot with plenty of ketchup for dipping!
Feed your French fry craving with these crunchy turnips roasted to golden-brown perfection.
- 10-by-15-inch baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Medium mixing bowl
- 4 cups sliced turnips, cut into quarter-inch fries
- 1 T avocado oil
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1 t dried chives
- 1/8 t ground black pepper
- 1/4 t flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF and line a 10-by-15-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the sliced turnips in a medium mixing bowl and drizzle the avocado oil on top.
- Season with garlic powder, dried chives, and black pepper, then use your hands to thoroughly coat.
- Place the coated turnips onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Serve hot and sprinkle with sea salt.
READ MORE:DREAMY BLUEBERRY BLISS BARS.
LOW CARB KETO QUICHE WITH PORK CRUST.
ALMOND JOY EGG BROWNIE BITES.
SILKY DARK CHOCOLATE AVOCADO TRUFFLES.
NO BAKE MINT CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE.
RAW DARK CHOCOLATE ALMOND CUPS (NO BAKE!).
5 THINGS YOU CAN DO NOW TO GET IN SHAPE.
SPICY JALAPEÑO BACON DEVILED EGGS RECIPE.
10 NIGHTTIME YOGA POSES YOU CAN DO IN BED.
EASY SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CREAMY BROCCOLI MASH.
KETO LOW CARB JERKY TACOS.
ALMOND FLOUR POPPYSEED BLOOD ORANGE CAKE.