Apple nachos drizzled in date caramel syrup. Nachos get a sweet makeover with crunchy apples, rich dark chocolate, and a naturally sweet, 4-ingredient caramel sauce!...
Apple nachos drizzled in date caramel syrup.Nachos get a sweet makeover with crunchy apples, rich dark chocolate, and a naturally sweet, 4-ingredient caramel sauce!
Looking to curb a sweet craving? Reach for these apple nachos, complete with a 4-ingredient caramel sauce, antioxidant-rich dark chocolate, and brain-boosting walnuts. They taste just like a caramel-dipped apple, without the processed sugar.
In this kid-friendly snack, crunchy and sweet apple slices stand in for chips. Granny Smith apples are ideal because they’re crisp and tart, with a subtle sweetness that balances the sweet caramel and chocolate chips. Of course, you can opt for your favorite variety, like Golden Delicious, Honeycrisp, or Fuji apples.
This recipe makes for a great after-school snack, or a movie time munchie without the sugar overload.
How To Make Caramel With Just 4 Ingredients:
The star of this recipe is the 4-ingredient caramel sauce, made from naturally super-sweet dried dates. Soaking the dates in hot water helps soften them up so they blend into a smooth and creamy caramel when combined with coconut milk.
Once blended, the caramel is heated along with vanilla and sea salt to create a decadent flavor.
This caramel is no one-trick pony, so try it drizzled on top of these favorites: ice cream, pancakes, cheesecake, and brownies.
Helpful Tips To Get You Started:
- Enjoy immediately. The apples will start to brown quickly, so these nachos are best eaten within an hour of making.
- Plan ahead. The caramel sauce can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. Just reheat it in a saucepan until melted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Go crazy with the toppings. In addition to date caramel, mini chocolate chips, and chopped walnuts, try topping your apple nachos with any of the following: shredded unsweetened coconut, almond butter, pomegranate arils, pecans, or almonds.
Nachos get a sweet makeover with crunchy apples, rich dark chocolate, and a naturally sweet, 4-ingredient Paleo caramel sauce.
- Small saucepan
For Date Caramel Sauce:
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 1/8 t sea salt
For Apple Nachos:
- 4 cups sliced green apples
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Make the date caramel by soaking the dates in 1 cup of hot water in a small bowl for 5 minutes. Drain the dates and transfer them to a blender with coconut milk. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a small saucepan and heat over low heat. Stir in the vanilla and sea salt. Heat for 3 to 4 minutes, until bubbling. Turn off the heat.
- Arrange the apple slices on a serving plate. Drizzle with the caramel sauce, then top with chocolate chips and chopped walnuts. Serve immediately.
READ MORE :KETO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH FAT BOMBS.
WOMEN WHO HAVE THESE TISSUES IN THE CHEST ARE AT RISK OF CANCER
GUIDE TO ADMINISTRATION AND FUNCTION OF MEDICINES
10 WAYS APPLE CIDER VINEGAR BOOSTS GUT HEALTH (PLUS: 5 TASTY WAYS TO USE IT).
8 HAND AND FINGER EXERCISES TO ERASE ARTHRITIS PAIN.
KETO SWEETENERS: THE LOW CARB GUIDE TO THE BEST AND WORST.
4 WAYS YOUR OVARIES IMPACT YOUR HEALTH BEYOND PREGNANCY.
HOW MUCH PROTEIN SHOULD YOU CONSUME PER DAY?
DIET WITH MUSHROOMS AND SPINACH
FOODS TO FIGHT CANCER