Almond butter s’mores pie. Add a new spin to a campfire classic with this creamy s’mores pie that’s completely gluten-free!...
Almond butter s’mores pie.Add a new spin to a campfire classic with this creamy s’mores pie that’s completely gluten-free!
Cozy up to this decadent treat for a recipe you don’t even need to leave home for. Made with four unique layers, it’s toasted to golden perfection using high-heat temperatures from your broiler. Serve it alongside you favorite hot chocolate for an indulgent night in.
Four Layers Of Crunchy, Creamy, Natural Sweetness.
For the first layer, we use a combination of toasted almond flour, cinnamon, salt, coconut oil, and maple syrup to create a grain-free graham cracker crust. It then gets topped with a second layer of dark chocolate (filled with plenty of antioxidants) and a third layer of creamy almond butter filling.
For the final layer, we prepare a meringue topping made with whipped egg whites and cream of tartar. The key is to first whip the egg whites into stiff peaks for at least five minutes using an electric mixer. You’ll then lift the whisk out and flip it over to ensure the mixture stands straight up (like a mountain peak), before mixing in your cream of tartar.
How To Achieve A Campfire Brûlée.
To brûlée the marshmallowy meringue on top, set your oven to high broil and place the layered pie on the highest baking rack near the top. This is to ensure your pie is as close to the heat source as possible.
You’ll also want to keep a watchful eye on it while it’s broiling, since the meringue can go from beautifully brûléed to completely charred in no time. Once it starts to brown, remove it immediately and top it all off with dark chocolate drizzle on top.
Helpful Tips To Get Started:
- Don’t include any yolk in your meringue. It’s important to completely separate the egg whites from the egg yolk. This is easiest when the eggs are cold, so separate them first, then set the whites out to room temperature.
- Know the difference between broiling and baking. Make sure to use the appropriate settings to switch your oven to broil. Unlike baking, broiling only pushes high-heat temperatures from the top of your oven (making it the ideal method for this recipe).
- Choose dark chocolate with high percentages of cacao. Anything above 70 percent includes higher amounts of antioxidants and less sugars, dairy, and artificial sweeteners.
- Use a blowtorch if you have one. For easier prep, you can also use this method to toast the meringue topping instead of broiling in the oven.
Add a new spin to a campfire classic with this creamy s’mores pie that’s completely gluten-free.
- 9-by-13-inch baking sheet
- Large mixing bowl
- 5-by-7-inch glass baking dish
- Double boiler
- Food processor
- Medium mixing bowl
- Electric mixer
For the Almond Flour Crust:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- ¼ t salt
- 3 T melted coconut oil
- 2 T maple syrup, divided
For the Chocolate Layer:
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- ¼ cup coconut oil
For the Almond Butter Filling:
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup soaked cashews, drained
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 T maple syrup
- 3 T coconut oil
For the Whipped Meringue:
- ¼ cup egg whites, room temperature
- 1/4 t cream of tartar
For the Topping:
- 1 T coconut oil
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chunks, plus more for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to high broil (550°F).
- To Make the Almond Flour Crust: On a baking sheet, combine the almond flour, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well to combine, then spread into an even layer and broil for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the almond flour mixture to a large mixing bowl and add the melted coconut oil with the maple syrup. Mix well to combine, then press the crust mixture into a glass baking dish and set aside.
- To Make the Chocolate Layer: In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chunks and coconut oil over medium heat, then pour it over the almond flour crust. Spread it into an even layer and transfer the mixture to your freezer for 10 minutes.
- To Make the Almond Butter Filling: In a food processor, combine the coconut cream, almond milk, and soaked cashews for 2 minutes or until it’s creamy and smooth.
- Transfer the cashew mixture to a medium bowl, then add the almond butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Whisk well to combine.
- Remove the chilled mixture from the freezer and pour the filling over the chocolate layer. Spread it into an even layer and return it to the freezer for 30 minutes.
- To Make the Whipped Meringue: When ready, preheat the oven to high broil (550°F).
- Use an electric mixer to whip the egg whites for 5 minutes to create stiff peaks. Add the cream of tartar and continue whipping for another 1 minute, or until the mixture is shiny.
- Remove the chilled pie from the freezer and scoop the meringue on top. Spread it into an even layer and use a rubber spatula to form additional peaks.
- Transfer the pie to the oven and place the baking dish directly under the broiler for 1 minute to brûlée the top. Keep a close eye on it to prevent it from burning.
- To Make the Topping: In a double boiler, melt the coconut oil and remaining chocolate chunks together, then drizzle over the pie and sprinkle with extra chocolate.
READ MORE:LOW CARB CRISPY GARLIC TURNIP FRIES.
LOW CARB SHRIMP SCAMPI WITH SPAGHETTI SQUASH NOODLES.
ONE PAN ZUCCHINI NOODLES WITH GARLIC MUSHROOMS.
31 EASTER DESSERTS THAT AREN’T CHOCOLATE EGGS.
3 INGREDIENT CROCK POT HAM WITH MAPLE GLAZE.
TURMERIC ‘CADBURY’ CREME EGGS.
GUT MICROBIOME AND THYROID DYSFUNCTION.